Infectious Disease Associates of Tampa Bay (IDATB) is a group of consulting physicians who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of infectious and tropical diseases. Our staff is committed to providing the highest quality of care from the management of simple infections to the most unusual of tropical diseases. Our physicians are available twenty-four hours a day to provide care for the community. It is our privilege to care for you!
What is an ID Specialist?
Infectious Disease Specialists are like medical detectives. They examine difficult cases, looking for clues to identify the culprit and solve the problem. Your ID Physician has 9-10 years of specialized education and training: 4 years of medical school, 3 years training as a doctor of internal medicine, and 2-3 years specialized training in Infectious Diseases. Our ID specialists are Board Certified, meaning they have passed a certification examination by the American Board of Internal Medicine –both in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases.
Many common infections can be treated by your personal physician. In cases where an infection is difficult to diagnose, or does not respond to treatment, your doctor might refer you to an Infectious Disease specialist.
ID specialists review your medical data, including X-rays and laboratory reports such as: blood work, cultures and pathology data. They also perform a physical exam to help determine the cause of the problem.
Inpatient and Outpatient Services
We see patients at thirteen area hospitals daily:
- Florida Hospital Carrollwood
- Florida Hospital at Connerton
- Florida Hospital Tampa
- Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
- Kindred Hospital Bay Area Tampa
- Kindred Hospital Central Tampa
- Memorial Hospital of Tampa
- South Florida Baptist Hospital
- St. Joseph’s Hospital
- St. Joseph’s Hospital North
- St. Joseph’s Hospital South
- St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital
- Tampa General Hospital
In addition to providing inpatient care for the Tampa Bay community, we also see patients on an outpatient basis daily. Our outpatient services include:
- Diagnosis and treatment in an office setting
- An ambulatory infusion center
- Management of home infusion services
- Traveler’s medicine including vaccinations